Powered by Max Banner Ads
Man Faces Attempted Homicide Charges in Drive-By Shooting
CLARION, Pa. (EYT) - In the early morning hours of February 2, 2013, a “drive by” shooting took place at an apartment building located at 1223 Leatherwood Drive, Clarion. A female Clarion University student attending a party at that location incurred a non-fatal gunshot wound to her lower leg.
Pursuant to an investigation led by Clarion Borough Officers William Peck and Nick Trombetta, Kevin L. Austin, II, (also known as “Deuce”) of Shenango Boulevard, Farrell, PA, has been taken into custody and charged with:
- Attempted Homicide 18 Pa.C.S. 2501;
- Aggravated Assault 18 Pa.C.S.2702;
- Simple Assault 18 Pa.C.S. 2701;
- Reckless Endangerment of Another Person 18 Pa.C.S. 2705;
- Firearm not to be Carried Without a License 18 Pa.C.S. 6106;
- Former Convict Not to Own a Firearm 18 Pa.C.S. 6105.
Austin is accused of shooting 19 year-old Clarion University student Rakeeah Megan Sabazz Merritt in the right calf during a Feb. 2 drive-by shooting. Police say Ms. Merritt sustained broken tibia and fibula bones in the shooting.
Austin has been lodged in the Clarion County Jail after failing to post $500,000.00 bail. A preliminary hearing will be scheduled by Magisterial District Court 18-3-01.